Sunday, July 17, 2005

Also...

...I spent most of the week being oddly sick. That is to say, sick oddly.

Monday and Tuesday I was afflicted by 48 hour relapsing/remitting mono. And by Friday I had strange, dried-out feeling muscles and my first introduction to the migraine headache.

I went out last night, and it was boring, I had more fun drunkenly clambering over pieces of gutted roadways on the way home than at any of the bars.

I went to Explosion's art show Saturday. There was bad wine and punch made from Sprite and lime sherbert and a girl in a dress that was cut in a way I tried to ignore. I'm supposed to be spoken for, after all. There was a circus going on outside where people were taking a sledgehammer to what looked to be a granite replica of the Washington monument. I thought it was illegal, and so I just watched, but it turned out later it was kosher and the artist wanted people to break it a little. There was a two man folk band that sang "You got the Devil in you" and one of Explosion's sculptures looked like a vagina, which reminded me of how prevalent vaginas seem to be in art today. I once saw a sketching with about 50 vaginas in it, intercut with scenes of PG-13 sex. The artist was sketchy looking.

I think art cars look stupid, generally.


I have to go.

"This should really be edited into the last post and not separate."

5 Comments:

Blogger JustSumDude said...

"This should really be edited into the last post and not separate."

OK.

12:44 AM  
Blogger Sean said...

Did I misspell something?

4:59 AM  
Blogger JustSumDude said...

No, I was merely communicating my understanding that the post was intended as a continuation of the previous post.

I fail at communicating.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

I thought you were pointing out the fact that even though I'd said I should edit this post into the last post, I'd completely failed to do so.

With this understanding, I was trying to play it off like I didn't know what you were talking about, and turns out that I really didn't.


How very irony like.

6:33 AM  
Blogger JustSumDude said...

I do not iron my clothes.

This has nothing to do with anything we're discussing, merely something I thought after reading the word "irony."



I have a very short attention span.

4:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home