Friday, August 12, 2005

1

I got the keys to my new apartment yesterday.

I only moved about two carloads of stuff in, really only enough to fill my closet. Then I ordered a pizza and had a couple of beers as I looked around the place.

New carpet, white walls, and not that many lights. The bedrooms actually have no lights in them at all.

It seemed almost spooky for a while, being in an empty, creaky apartment all by myself (maybe I've gotten too used to living with people, maybe I couldn't live alone anymore), but I slept well and the sunrise over the trees and the river was quite pretty. The only good view of the Oconee is where I live.


Something happened Saturday.

Nobody died or anything, but I'm still conflicted as to what is proper to put here and what isn't.

But it's over.


It isn't really, but, you know...


Anyways, I have a new apartment.

3 Comments:

Blogger Clare said...

Congrats on the new place.
Enjoy the best part of living alone: The ability to do everything stark raving naked.

10:37 AM  
Blogger JustSumDude said...

Even going out to pick up the mail?

10:18 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

I'm actually not living alone. That was just vague phrasing on my part, my roomate was just out of town.

But for those two days I did lose the clothes, and it felt nice.

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home